- The Financial Controller oversees the company’s finances, including directing and managing, as well as providing financial oversight for the organization.
- She/he will be responsible for the entire range of financial management, from daily operations to high level management.
- Verifying profitability and liquidity positions.
- Verifying capital cash balance.
- Cash management.
- Institutionalization of sound fiscal discipline.
- To ensure optimization of cost, maximization of revenue and shareholders’ wealth and interest.
- The financial controller shall guarantee efficient functioning and documentation of all financial systems including receipts, disbursements, billings, bookkeeping, budgeting and accounting.
- To improve on the internal Finance and Accounts process.
- To embed financial discipline in the internal financial process.
- To ensure prudence in all company transactions.
- The establishment and conduct of monthly performance review of company activities.
- Continuous analysis, interpretation and reporting of various cost elements and revenue composition of the company for effective, reliable, sound and timely decision-making.
- He/she is to serve, create and maintain excellent financial controls, policies and procedures according to the international accounting standards (IAS).
- To ensure integrity in data production and good investment decision.
- He/she is to prepare financial reports to coordinate the annual external audit of the company and serve as primary contact for external auditors.
- To inculcate synergy within the accounting system of the company.
- He/she is to work closely with the Board of Directors and serve as an intermediary to the Board.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Work with the management team on viable business ventures.
- The financial controller must work hand in hand with the Managing Director in the discharge of his/her duties.
In addition, it will:
- Streamline and simplify every part of business process and improve collaboration across all organization’s operating units.
- Enable the reviewing of business-critical information in real time.
- Easily adapt to changing business requirements and standards.
- Offer a modern and intuitive user experience.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller.
- 10 years and above cognate experience in Finance and Accounting management.
- Must possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of the IAS’s and GAAP.
- Strong leadership qualities and people management skills.
- Proficiency in the production of Charts, Graphs and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office tools excellently.
- Innovative and progressive thought process.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Aviation, Maritime industry or equivalent operational and technical experience is highly recommended.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Professional Qualification such as: ICAN/ACCA, M.SC/MBA, FCA.
- Any other additional Certification/Membership in an accredited and recognized institution would be an added advantage.
Qualified applicants with the above-mentioned qualifications are to submit their C.V and cover letter to email@example.com from 24th of January to 6th of February 2023.